Well hello there!
I guess I’ll start off by introducing myself and this blog. My name is Kevin Pfefferle, and I am the Web Manager here at COSI. We’ve been doing a lot around here lately to try to connect more deeply with the public and open up how we do what we do at COSI. Blogs have been a great way for us to start doing that, and I figure that if I want our CEO, our exhibit developers, and others to get involved in this tangled web of social media, then I better be doing it as well!
It is my hope that this particular blog will give you a look “behind the screen” of a major nonprofit organization’s web site. If you fit into one of the following categories, this blog is for you:
- Technical geeks who are curious about the nuts and bolts of how COSI.org works from the back end.
- Marketing geeks who are curious about why and how we present content the way we do on the web.
- COSI Employees who are curious about what the heck I do all day and why their page isn’t getting built NOW (or even how it got updated so quickly).
- My family and friends who are curious about what the heck I do all day and why COSI pays me to do it.
- Anyone else who finds what I have to say remotely interesting or entertaining.
Whatever your motives may be for checking this out, I welcome you wholeheartedly to the OFFICIAL COSI.org Web Blog! Please feel free participate in the discussion by posting comments to my posts and asking any questions you might have about COSI.org…this blog will be pretty boring if I just talk into empty space with nobody to talk back.
I will try to give you as accurate of a picture as I can of what we do to make COSI.org what it is (and constantly evolve it into what it will be). I take my work seriously, but not TOO seriously. Hopefully some of that personality and attitude will be reflected in my blog posts.
So sit back, enjoy, and learn more than you ever really wanted to know about COSI.org!